Below is a simple guide to some of the more routine surveys that might be required for a renovation or a small development project:
- Measured Surveys: undertaken in order to prepare drawings of the existing site.
- Structural Surveys: undertaken by structural engineers to assess the existing structure.
- Drainage Surveys: usually undertaken by CCTV to record and assess the condition of the existing drainage.
- Timber Surveys: to record any defective timber and identify instances of wet or dry rot, damp ingress and insect infestation.
- Contaminated Land Surveys: to assess the quality of soil on previously built on sites, often termed ‘brownfield sites’ that may have been used for industrial processes.
- Environmental Surveys: to record any protected wildlife inhabiting the site together with any invasive or protected plant species.
- Traffic Surveys: to assess the traffic and parking usage of a site and whether there are stresses on facilities.
Of course, as ever if you would like to discuss surveys or any other aspect of a project, please feel free to get in touch.